Sunday, April 18, 2010

-Baking Lesson #3-

Keke.. After half year not baking, suddenly feel like baking before flying away.
I have to do this middle of the night, when the kitchen is free for me to use +.+
Green Tea Cake! Hrm.. not so successful as it is too .. kinda wet and compact and not airy.



I couldn't enlarge this picture, coz I'm not using DSLR to shot. Well .. you can't expect me to bring my baby into the kitchen right?!

Recipe here .. but I changed it actually ^^

Ingredients (picture 1):
A : 4 egg yolks, 100ml water, 60ml oil (I replaced with 50gm butter as .. I can't take oil.)
B : 135gm cake flour, 5gm green tea powder, 1/2 tbspn baking powder, 130gm caster sugar
C : 5 egg whites

Picture 2 : I don't know it's so easy to separate the egg white and the egg yolk! ^^
*Preheat oven at 150'C

Methodology :)
1. Mix ingredient B (Picture 3)
2. In another bowl, mix ingredient A (Picture 4) and whisk them.
3. Whip chilled egg whites with electric mixer until you get a bowl of glossy smooth cloud with very fine air bubbles.
4. Make a well in the center of the dry mixture from step 1, pour in the egg mixture from step 2, mix until just combine. [aduyai .. in short, mix 1 and 2 la] (Picture 5)
5. Gently pour the mixture from step 4 onto the surface of the stiff peaked egg white and fold them together. (Picture 6)
6. Pour into cake mold and put into preheat oven and bake for 45-50 minutes. (Picture 7)

And it will come out ugly. (Picture 8) but taste okok (Picture 9) .. haha.. I actually do think the base of cake (Cake la) is ugly without dressing/frosting. Next time must learn to do dressing/frosting d.

4 comments:

eDwiN said...

wei..bake coke cake?

**Pei Yin** said...

coke cake? apa itu?

sakura said...

is it edible? :p

**Pei Yin** said...

erm erm erm .. it's like fear factor to eat it. lolx!
hey .. of course it is edible!