Saturday, October 24, 2015

NZ Day 5: Queenstown & Gibbston Valley

There is not much choice for breakfast in Queenstown.
We settled at Chico's Bar due to the crowd this Bar had.
Macchiato NZD4
Pancakes NZD16.50.
This is the worse pancake I'd ever had. I'd only manage to finished up one piece and hubby helps me on another one piece. He then agreed that it doesn't taste good and allowed me to waste the last piece. I'm not sure is pancake really taste/ textured this way because it is not in my country.
Egg benedict NZD17. Hubby was very disappointed with this also.
We then had a brisk walk around Queenstown before depart to Lake Wanaka.
Jet boat. It is in my itinerary but due to my health condition on that time, we skip. So regret.
Bye Queenstown!
Friends that had been to NZ telling me that Queenstown was the best town in NZ. At the end of my South Island trip, I'm agree on this. Because Queenstown is the only town that is so happening and shops opens up until 10pm. At the other part of South Island, it is very quiet, peaceful and shops closed as early as 5pm.
On our way to Lake Wanaka, we stop by Gibbston Valley for tour wine.
Happy man.
Wine Cave tour. NZD15/ pax.
They brought us to their cave to show us how the keep the wine.
And we had 3 glass of wine tasting.
End of tour.
What? End of tour? I was quite disappointed as I thought the tour would show us how wine is processed and I thought there is something unique and special about the cave.
Aih.. it's OK. We continue our journey! :)

No comments: