Sunday, August 5, 2012

::Gold Coast Morib::

A short relax trip to Gold Coast Morib. I'm pretty sure, you all can see the promotion of this being advertise all over the discount web - Groupon, Street deal, Living social etc. etc. It's like something suddenly bombarded out on all these discount web. Working in 'Quality Complaint Dept' has turned me into someone skeptical about something, and not to mention, the queen of complaints! Before I actually went there, I already heard some complaints from my coliqs who bought the same voucher and went 2 weeks earlier before me. Maybe it does indirectly affected my judgement, but after being there myself, I would want to clarify - all the complaints given by my coliqs is true.

If you intended to drop by here for a short trip, please bear the check in  process. The receptionist are very not efficient and professional. I guess they are not well trained.
When we first make reservation 1 month before, they took our name and contact number. Not thinking too much, assuming that this is it, a very simple reservation process. A day before the trip, we called to reconfirm our booking, they requested for reservation number. We told them we are not given the number, so OK, after much hesitation, they give it to us.

When we went for check in the next day, apparently the reservation number is not valid, and there is no reservation for us. They then insisted for the person who took our booking for their investigation. What? Ok, so this is something I never thought of. I never practiced requesting for the name of the person who took any booking I did, because I expect them to be professional enough to handle my bookings, not to expect me to need to help for their investigation. But hey, that's your internal problem! You should settle our problem whom standing here waiting and all the peoples who are queuing up behind us! We don't pay to stand here waiting and bearing your un-efficienness!

But yeah, during the queuing up and waiting process, apparently not only us having problem. Within that 45 minutes, we get to watched '4 dramas' of customers vs receptionists. 4 different issues with 4 different customers. I felt so doomed and at the wrong place.

Anyhow, they still end up giving us a room, although initially they claimed that it's all fully booked. But it's not like I'm going to leave if they don't give us one. We did our reservation and it's not our fault that they didn't recorded it.

While on the way to our room, I observed that they are still doing the room service for the batch that checked out at 12pm. It's already 4pm and still doing cleaning. A bit slow on that, isn't it? And that's one of the reason, it's so messy at the receptionist, cause the rooms are not ready.

Positive comments: the room is spacious and clean. After the nightmare experience during check in, I felt more relax and comfortable when I reach our room.

The view from our room.
Inside.
The jacuzzi.
Another complaint: why only 1 toothbrush set? Although logically people will bring their own, but as a matter of courtesy, I think they should provide at least 2 toothbrush sets!
Found out they have this place where you can drink and sing k at night. Looks not bad.
But we didn't went there.
We brought our own and enjoy it at our balcony, chit chatting. The environment at The Pier is too noisy with people singing. I prefer a quiet getaway :)

Conclusion: Be patient during check in. And I mean like very very very patient. Else, yes, please proceed to go have some drama with the receptionists. I believe they need it for their improvement sake. And remember to get your reservation number and THE NAME OF THE STAFF who takes your reservation.

No comments: