Saturday, May 11, 2013

Krabi Day 1: The Cliff Aonang Resort

After having some experience with choosing flight time, nowadays, whenever possible, I prefer to arrive my travel destination around 2pm, where I can immediately check in my hotel for a rest. And to depart from my travel destination around 2pm, after I check out at 12pm. We are lucky that for Krabi, Air Asia have flight departing LCCT at 1.30pm and arriving Krabi at 1.55pm local time  :)

Basically day 1 was spent leisurely because as we gets old, we prefer to take things slow and easy. After check in, we request to have our complimentary tea break and enjoy our tea break. Thereafter, we had a leisure walk around Aonang and along the beach. And back to resort for the complimentary dinner. After dinner, we rest awhile by the poolside for our food to digest a little before enjoying our complimentary 30 minute foot massage  :)

I had always wanted to stay in a chalet-like resort with some kind of 'outdoor' toilet. Thus when I saw this deal in Groupon, I grab it. Someday, when I can afford better, I would want to try on a more luxury chalet-like resort on top of the sea. (You know, something like in Maldives).
 

However, I find that 'outdoor' toilet is a bit scary because it is too close to nature. I mean, there is frog jumping around, beetles flying around etc. It tends to look more scary at night.
This is the shower area.Please note that the resort provided shampoo and shower gel which looks like had been there for ages and no one ever use it. The bottles that fills the shampoo and shower gel doesn't look nice too. We bought our shampoo and shower gel from the 7-11 mart nearby since the price of it in Thailand is quite cheap compare to Malaysia.
Cool isn't it? Nevertheless, I like it :)
This is the interior of the room. Cozy enough for me :)
No one swims in the pool. It looks kinda dirty although I notice they clean it every morning. But I'd also notice that they didn't change the water.
That's the outlook of our room.
Our complimentary tea break. The ice lemon tea is nice due to the very hot weather but the sandwich is not good at all. The bread is very tough and the fillings is not so fresh.
The complimentary dinner is very nice though. My first try of green curry and fall in love with it.
This sums up our day 1 activities. Indeed a very lazy and relaxing day  :)

No comments: