Thursday, December 6, 2012

Shenzhen Day 1

Another self plan trip. The actual itinerary was different from the planned itinerary, as I did not expect that I need to walk that much, thus overestimated the time. I skipped a lot all of the historical places, and being me, I end up spending all the time doing shopping. Hehe..

Our flight depart at 5.35am. It's really torturing that I wondered why did I book a flight that flies on such an odd time. Departing at 5.35am, we'd been in the airport since 3am and I hardly get enough sleep.
We were woken at 7am for our breakfast in flight. And arriving at Baiyun airport at around 9.35am.
Baiyun airport is very large, at least the largest airport that I'd been to. Before the trip, colleagues already advised that the airport was too big that I might waste a lot of time looking for places. Luckily a week before our trip, the bf was there for business trip, thus I made him familiarize the airport before our trip. Anyway, signage was quite clear in the airport. After collected our luggage and done with clearance, we made our way to Metro station; which is inside the airport too. Just follow the signboard. It's quite a long route, don't worry, just follow the signage, you are not lost (just to assure, because I keep wondering where am I, as I felt we walk so much but did not seen the metro station). We will be taking Metro to Guangzhou East Railway Station, to take the long distance train to Shenzhen.
[In the airport, take GZ subway line 3 RMB12 to go to GZ East Railway Station] 
[Line 3 = orange color. Train interval 5 minute.  35-50 minute distance]

Arriving at Guangzhou East Railway Station, we then proceed to look for the long distance train. We were lost, and ask for route from the officer there. We were then been told that there is no train to Shenzhen from Guangzhou East Railway Station. Luckily I did my homework, I opt to ignore him. We walk out from the Metro station. Looking around for signage, we saw the board written 'Shenzhen/ Hong Kong'. We follow the signboard and found the long distance train ticket center. To buy the ticket, there is auto-machine ticketing and also counter-ticketing. The auto-machine are for locals, and they will need to slot in their identification card. We used the counter-ticketing and were needed to show our passport for identification.
Train ticket from Guangzhou to Shenzhen cost us RMB80 each. Traveling time is 1hour and 19 minutes.
This is how the long distance train looks like.
Bye Guangzhou.
Arriving at Shenzhen, we then walk to Shenzhen Metro (inside and within the same building.. take the escalator to the underground and you will find the Metro. And that is why, be prepare to walk). We take Metro Line 1 from Luo Hu station heading to Zhu Zi Lin station. RMB4. 11 stations. 23 minutes 6 seconds.
We stayed at Home Inn Zhu Zi Lin on our first day which cost RMB227. I booked through China Depot Travel. Payment is only made during check out, but they will request for deposits during check in. I opt for this Inn for our first day because it is only 2 stations away to Window of the World. Expecting that we will spend our time until late night at Window of the World and to have our supper at Mu Wu BBQ nearby this Inn is also the reason. It's walking distance from Zhu Zi Lin Metro Station. It's located inside a building. Please ensure you get out from the correct exit.
We had a quick lunch at KFC beside our Inn. We had a regular burger, italian meatball rice and hot soya at KFC. This cost us RMB32. Time was already 3pm. Head is spinning out of tired but we need to proceed to Window of the World, else our time will not be enough to use.

No comments: