Monday, November 23, 2015

NZ Day 8: Hokitika - Christchurch by Kiwi Rail

We know that holiday is approaching to end when it is time to return our car.
We woke up earlier. Stop by a bakery for breakfast.
The exterior was very eye-catching; which is why we had choose to eat here.
However, there was not much foods option which disappoint me a little.
Cosy interior.
I had chocolate eclairs NZD3.60. (Reminding myself not to convert it into RM)
He had egg benedict NZD19. It was better than the one we had in Queenstown.
After a quick breakfast, we start our journey to Greymouth.
We stop by a honey shop.
Bought home some manuka honey.
I don't consume honey, so I didn't know the price. When I was back in Malaysia, and friends told me the price is super cheap, I am so regretful. If I knew earlier, I would have bought a lot home!
We arrived Greymouth and it's time to say goodbye to our Yaris.
New Zealandars trust people so much, as the car return is just by dropping the key into the hole.
I was surprised! :)
It's time to board Kiwi Rail. A 4 hour train ride back to Christchurch.
Cafe in the train.
Lunch.
Train stop at Arthur's Pass for passengers to have some photo.
He enjoyed it so much; as he can sit back, relax and enjoy the scenery.
I must say the scenery is awesome and 4 hour ride doesn't feel long.


Relaxing scenery.
We arrived Christchurch and the skies had turned dark.
After check in into Ibis Hotel, we intend to have dinner at the container mall.
Too bad it is all closed.
Last glance at these container mall before we bid farewell to Christchurch early in the morning.

No comments: