Thursday, January 24, 2013

Tamarind Spring @ Ampang

Birthday treat from the BF XD
A place that I wanted to come for the rumors of how nice the place is.
The mysterious door that lead to a beautiful hidden place.
The path to the eateries.
The turtles pond.
The awards!
The entrance :)
From our table.
Complimentary lemongrass drink.
Complimentary snacks which already 'masuk angin' ... zzzz...
Each table lit by this.. candlelight dinner .. which is actually quite dark.
Our foods. which cost RM286. TQ LCL for the birthday treat! ♥
Lobster as stated in the menu, but later on the waiter told us, it's not lobster, it's big prawn. Cost RM37 each, and we had 2 of different flavor. Which in the end, I only tasted spicy.
This plate of asparagus fried with garlic cost RM24.. it reminds me during my internship, we had asparagus for free.

Sea bass. RM88. Well.. spicy!

My conclusion is, this place have a superb environment. But food wise is so-so only for me. LCL want me to complaint that, during placing the booking, he already informed to the staff that he need a birthday cake for me and to give me as a surprise, but during the dinner he waited and waited and waited and apparently the staff forgotten. Haha! That's why it's important that for any special occasion, it's better to hands on rather than depends on others. Will I come back? No. I came for experience and I will spend that amount of money to experience other place =)

3 comments:

**Pei Yin** said...

Yep.. the price is stated on the menu :)

Anonymous said...

What time is the best to be there? As I heard the ventilation is not so good. And about the price, is it worth it?

**Pei Yin** said...

Hi..
I would suggest to go for dinner; as it is quite stuffy in hot weather.
In my own opinion, the price is not so worthy but the environment and 'feel' would be able to compensate it back.