Sunday, October 14, 2012

:Medan-Lake Toba Day 1:

My first oversea trip for year 2012. Finally an oversea vacation after 10 months! Gosh! Again.. how did I survived these 10 months?! Time flies =] 

We woke up 3am in the morning to board our 8.45am flight. Duish! I really feel like a zombie. The flight is only 45 minutes and we reach Medan airport at 8.45am as well. Medan time is one hour late than Malaysia.
Hello Medan! My thought from my view of Medan town from inside the plane: Medan town looks undeveloped. So many tiny houses that looks like kampung house.
We had pre-booked driver, Mr. Jumadi and Mr. Wong Ryant. They pick us up from the airport and start our journey to Samosir Island.
We were stop at Dodol Donnie Sei Buluh Perbaungan for a quick lunch and some tidbits shopping. Honestly, the food stall here looks so unhygienic. So many flies sit on the foods, but the people there still enjoying their foods ignoring the flies as if the flies won't bring any danger. Having a sensitive tummy, I dare not eat but because I'm so hungry, we ordered Indomie. At least it is from packet. A bowl of indomie and a bottle of teh bottle cost me IDR14k.
We then continue our journey to Tigaraja harbor to catch a ferry to Samosir Island. The journey from Medan to Tigaraja harbor took us 5 hours. Other than Dodol Donnie Sei Buluh Perbaungan, we also stop by Double Bread Patent Cake Shop. I spent IDR100k here buying ting ting, teng teng, tang tang, tong tong. Hahaha.. funny name. It is actually peanut biscuits kind of thing.
Not forgot to mention, the journey was crazy. I salute indonesian driving skills. They just overtake using the opposite lane, hon here and there, speed and emergency brake the whole journey. To avoid vomiting, I sleep, it's also because the drive makes me dizzy.
Our journey then continue with a 45minute rides of ferry. Continue dizzy.
Reaching our villa! The ferry stop us directly in front of our villa =)
We stayed at Samosir Villa Resort which cost IDR350k/ night for deluxe room.
Our room facing the lake.
Nothing fancy. Just a basic room. But Samosir Villa Resort claimed to be the newest and nicest resort in Samosir Island. Perhaps. But mind you, there is no air-cond, considering the quite cold weather. But what disappoint us is that there is no fan too! Although the weather is cold, but I prefer to have a fan for air ventilation. We then requested it from the reception and they provide us one. Don't worry, if you had any problem with the facilities, just approach the boss at reception. He is a very friendly guy.



After leaving our luggage in the room, we head to the cafe for our tea time. I am super hungry that time. We ordered Seafood pizza and corn soup. This cost us IDR68k. The pizza is yummy!
After our tea time, we had 'fish spa'. From our room, we get direct access to the lake. The water is so clear that you can see many fishes there. But too bad, when I soak in my feet, the fishes ran away. LOL. We felt so cold to just jump in for a swim. Yes, you can actually jump in for a swim.
This is the area I love most. I enjoyed sitting there with the cold breeze, a glass of fresh juice (I ordered orange juice which is so super duper sour that I don't really enjoy :P) and the peanut cookies bought from Paten. They have lazy chair up there for you. Pure relaxation =)
About 7pm, the skies turned dark. We had a stroll outside to see what can we get for dinner. But after a short distance walk, the road is not lighten up anymore, so we walk back to our resort for dinner.
I had nasi goreng samosir which cost IDR69k, include a can of Bintang beer and a glass of juice. I felt that the rice is so spicy, but my friends say it is not. Err.. something wrong with my spicy tastebud. The satay is very yummy! Seriously I think Indonesian satay is better than Kajang satay. The fried chicken, as usual, Indonesian fried chicken - it is small and hard.

That's it for day 1. Stay tuned for day 2 :)

No comments: